Thursday, January 11, 2007

i've been sucked in...

So, Jason's future girlfriend's parents have a blog set up for her, I thought it was only appropiate that we do the same. I've never had a blog before, so I don't know if I'll keep up with this.. but it's fun for now! This will keep everyone up to date on the happenings of the love of our life, Jason Robert. So, enjoy...

Just to give everyone an up to the minute synopsis of our life to-date... Jason was born on July 25th, 2006 at 11:41 pm. He was wayy to comfy in my belly, so we all decided that he should enter the world via c-section after 13 hours of labor. We spent quite a few days in the hospital, not going home until Friday (he was born on Tuesday).

During the week, my grandfather was called home to the Lord, in fact on the same day we left the hospital. It was a bittersweet week for everyone, but he did get to see pictures of Jason before he died, telling everyone that came in his room about his new great-grandson. I did get to say good-bye to him in a dream, which was so special since I was unable to attend the funeral.

The remainder of 2006 was definetly a roller coaster. We lost my sister-in-law Judy in October, my grandmother at the end of October, Scott's nephew was married in September and in our church we had as many babies born as parishoner's died. It's awesome to see God at work, though.

We are praying that 2007 is slightly less eventful, however, we will hold our faith in God that He will take care of us no matter what. Jason is now 5 1/2 months old, and a cutie patootie! He is sitting up, trying to roll over, and wants to crawl, but has not figured it out yet! He eats cereal, and within the next week we're going to start on babyfood (which I'm going to try to make!). Life is good here, and we are a happy lil family!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Love the new blogspot! We'll check in often...
Ty & El (Jason's future girlfriend's future parents...)

MOM said...

"MOM" says
Love the blogspot keep the info coming. I will have to get Lisa to start one for Jonathon and Michael.

REV and "MOM"

Mary O from Central said...

This is AWESOME! You guys are rockin with the latest tech stuff. Tell me has an iPod pillow in his crib?1 Love & Miss you guys!!!

Jason's Dad said...

Who is that funny-looking kid?
He must take after his mom!

Marilyn said...

Loved the blog stories!! Keep posting b/c babies grow up way too fast and this will be a way to document the progress, the fun and the many trials and tribulations for all to share. The baby food blog reminds me how grateful I was for Gerbers!