Sunday, January 28, 2007

the 6 month weekend





Again, I say, I cannot believe that 6 months ago the joy that IS Jason drifted into my life. He is such a blessing, and every day he amazes me by his personality and temperment and just his lovey-ness!


This was a busy weekend, which is why it took so long for me to post. First of all, Miss Mandi came over and did his 6 month calendar shoot with us. Again, her pictures are a million times better than Penney's. The pictures in the beginning of this blog are just a few of the priceless photos that she took.


Then it was off to see the doctor for his 6 month check-up. The little guy weighs 18 lbs 3 oz and is about 27" long. Not so little anymore. He got his 2 shots and was given a clean bill of health! Hopefully we won't have to go back until he is 9 months old. He did really well with his shots, and was not cranky at all. Mommy kept him Tylenol'd up all day which helped.


Then Miss Mandi and Mr. Keiser came over and I cooked dinner for everyone. Yes. I cooked dinner. Once you have all recovered from your fainting spells I will continue. Anyway, it turned out ok, a few glitches here and there, but they said they liked it, and they talked to me today, so I guess it turned out ok! We played an amended version of Scene It-Movie edition and somehow Mandi and Keiser won as a team, even though it's not a team game. Hmm..


Saturday was recovery day for us all. The biggest recovery was the kitchen. I went ballistic in the kitchen and cleared off the counters and mopped the floor and re-organized. I watched a few episodes of Clean Sweep on TLC which was great inspiration. Jason pretty much slept all day, he was asleep more than he was awake. I think the shots really wore him out. It was good for all of us though as I got to clean the kitchen and Scott finished up his sermon.


And here it is Sunday again. A lot of sitting on the couch and playing with Jason. We were all beat. Although Scott had to work a bit it was nice to relax as a family.


Well, enjoy the pictures. Have a great week... hopefully we'll finally get to meet Greta formally known as Peanette sometime this week!

No comments: