Yeah. That's me. Slacker. I've been very negligent in updating this blog. So, here is a mini-recap of the last 4 weeks or so:
1. Ryan turned 1 month old on Thursday the 25th. Wow.
2. Ryan was, well, um, "snipped" on the 23rd. He recovered nicely, and really only had one bad night.
3. Both boys are doing fabulously with each other. Jason loves to "help" and has only shown minimal sign of jealousy. Ryan is beginning to react to Jason's voice, and started smiling when he hears him near.
4. Jason has begun a new thing where he HATES to have his picture taken. Therefore, there are no school pictures this year for Jason, however, Ryan actually smiled for the camera man at school!!
5. Today is Scott's birthday, so wish him a happy day!!
And of course, some pictures for you:
Monday, September 1, 2008
A lot has happened since the last blog post. Not only the layout of this blog, or the name of the blog, but most importantly, Ryan Henry Bostwick has joined our family. He was born on August 25th at 8:25am and was 8lbs 5oz. Needless to say, more than one person has said we should play those numbers in the lottery! And even if we don't become millionaires from those numbers, we are richly blessed. Ryan is a joy, very laid back, and eats and sleeps like a champ. Jason seems to like his new baby brother, although at this point Ryan doesn't do much, and once he starts moving around and getting into Jason's toys, I'm sure that will change. My mom was super-Grandma this past week. She stayed the first couple nights I was in the hospital to help care for Jason, and then returned for Labor Day weekend and cleaned and straightened and played and cooked and everything in between. We could never repay her generosity and hard work these past few days! Thanks to her and Scott, Ryan has a nursery to eventually sleep in!
Thank you for all your prayers and love throughout our pregnancy and delivery of baby Ryan. They were felt and deeply appreciated. You can check out more pictures of baby Ryan and the rest of the Bostwick family at www.flickr.com/photos/karenbostwick (or check out the slideshow in the sidebar!)