Sunday, February 25, 2007



This time (11:00 pm, EST), 7 months ago, I was being wheeled down the hallway of Brick Hospital's Maternity floor to the OR for a slightly unscheduled turn of events. Apparently my bundle of joy had the same navigational sense that his mommy has: none!! Who knew that 41 minutes later I would hear music to my ears, "It's a boy!" that my life would at that moment, change forever. It was a good day. And really, they've been all good days since (with a few minor exceptions that had to do a lot with raging hormones!!). He is a joy, and so much fun. He is beginning to crawl (backwards) and is trying to pull himself up to a standing position. He has figured out how to scoot on his butt to go forward, and has less and less "face plants". He is eating solids 3 times a day, and has his first tooth. He's become quite anxious when he's in a room by himself, and looks to mommy and daddy when someone strange is talking to him. It's all good stuff, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I don't really know if anyone actually reads this blog, or if you do that you even care... but I have come to realize that writing this stuff out helps me to appreciate the joy that comes from the everyday-ness of being a parent. I hope that someone enjoys this blog, but even if you don't, it warms my heart to get to have this experience to write about. Love to all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I loved reading this blog. It is so awesome and amazing to travel this road with you. Since I am still very much single and childless, I am happy that I can live vicariously through you! You are the best parents in the world and anyone who reads this can not help but get warm fuzzies!
Love and miss you lots.
Candice